The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs provide tax preparation assistance. The programs are supported by IRS-certified volunteers.
VITA offers free tax preparation help to:
- Individuals who make less than $55,000 per year
- People with disabilities
- Taxpayers with limited English proficiency
TCE offers tax preparation assistance and advice to all taxpayers, but in particular:
- Individuals who are 60 years of age or older
- People with questions about pensions or retirement
For a comprehensive list of VITA and TCE sites, please visit the IRS website at https://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/.
Maricopa County VITA Network Partner Contact Information
The Maricopa County VITA Network includes tax preparation sites in Mesa, Chandler, Phoenix, the West Valley, and Gila County. Volunteers will assist individuals and families in preparing their taxreturns, claiming benefits for which they are eligible, and being connected to financial education and asset building opportunities.
Navigate through the tabs below to set up an appointment at participating VITA sites.
Tempe Community Council
Mesa United Way VITA
Mesa United Way appointments are full for the tax season; however, they are open rear-round and will take appointments for later this year.
A New Leaf West Valley VITA
Phone: Depends on the site. See website.
Rehoboth CDC VITA
Gila County VITA
Trin United Inc. VITA
- Valid photo ID
- Social Security or ITIN cards or ITIN letters
- Proof of all income (W2 forms, 1099 forms, self-employment records)
- Child care payment (if applicable) – must include a record of payment with the name, address, and the child care provider’s tax ID number
- Direct Deposit Information (if applicable) – for example, a voided check
- Health Insurance Information (Form 1095-A/B/C)
- Prior year state and federal tax returns (if applicable)